This day tour is a real contact with wild beautiful nature of Montenegro. The canyons are astonishment of this trip. This day tour is an opportunity to feel the real wild beauty of Montenegro.
The trip lead us from the coast through the capital of Montenegro – Podgorica, with a beautiful scenic drive through canyons of Moraca to the Monastery Moraca, and through the valley of Tara river to the monastery Dobrilovina and beautiful bridge Djurdjevica Tara. We will continue then to the Black Lake in Durmitor National park for a free time and enjoy the nature. We will back to the coast driving through Niksic, with photo stop above Krupac lake. This means that from Zabljak we will use a different route to enjoy the sunset on the Adriatic sea above part of Boka Bay with a few photo stops.
1-2 persons / 250 € in total
3-4 persons / 300 € in total
5-6 persons / 340 € in total
7-8 persons / 380 € in total
* For a group of over 8 persons, please contact us for pricing information. This will probably affect the duration of the tour.
* Agency reserve the right to increase or lower prices to the final booking.
- Meeting at the place we previously agreed, in Budva or in Kotor
- Driving to Podgorica with a photo stop above Budva Riviera, with a view on St. Stefan and Budva old town
- Photo stops during scenic drive through canyon Moraca
- Visit Monastery Moraca, built in XIII century
- Driving near Kolasin and Mojkovac along Tara river canyon
- Photo stops during the drive
- Visiting Monastery Dobrilovina
- Photo stop and short visit of Djurdjevica Tara bridge
- Drive to Zabljak via Tara river canyon
- Visit Black Lake, part of National park of Durmitor
- Walking around the lake and free time in nature for yourself
- Modern air-conditioned vehicles for transportation
- Bottles of water and some sweets
- English speaking driver/guide
- Tax for Monastery Moraca entrance
- Complete organization of the tour
- Tax fee for Durmitor National Park
- One glass of local drink per person (glass of Plantaze wine, rakija or homemade juice)
Price does not include:
- Lunch, snacks, additional drinks, any kind of additional activities
Note: All of our tours are private, tailor-made tours. Please feel free to create your own tour.
Additional info about the tour:
After we start with drive our first photo stop will be above Budva Riviera from where you can see the old town, Island of St.Stefan, Island St. Nikola and popular beach called Mogren.
After that, next photo stops will be immediately after we leave the capital city - Podgorica, above Moraca Canyon.
Moraca River is considered as one of the symbols of Podgorica, and it is the biggest river that flows through the city. It is featured on some flags and country symbols.
Generally, the river flows southwards for some 113 km (70 mi), before entering into Lake Skadar. Right after we pass Moraca Canyon we are coming to Monastery Moraca, which was built in XIII century, by a Serbian family Nemanjic. You will notice that this sacral place is surrounded like a medieval fortress.
According to one legend, which is present among the local people, this Monastery was made of special yellow stone, which is found in the area very far from the place where the monastery actually is. According to this legend, people from this area made a column, which was tens of kilometers long, and in that way turned the stone from hand to hand from the place called Tusine, the place where the stone was located, to the present monastery Moraca.
The Monastery complex is made of Synod church Assumption of Virgin Mary, the small church of St. Nikola (St. Nicolas), as well as of sleeping quarters building. . .
After Visiting Monastery Moraca, we continue our drive through the valley of Tara river, to Zabljak city, the center of National Park Durmitor.
Tara river, the deepest canyon in Europe will introduce unspoiled nature and a masterpiece of bridge building - grandiose bridge Djurdjevica Tara, perched on a canyon over 150 feet deep, which offers a unique view of the Tara River Canyon and leaves no one indifferent.
During WWII a part of the bridge was destroyed to slow the progress of the invaders. The bridge was reconstructed and re-operational in 1946.
Near the bridge is Monastery Dobrilovina which we will visit as one of the 'must see spots' in this area.
After a while, we will continue to Zabljak and Black Lake - a symbol of the mountain Durmitor.
Zabljak is a small town on the highest altitude of Balkan Penninsula. It is located at the altitude of 1456 m right in the heart of Durmitor mountain and in the middle of Durmitor National Park.
Durmitor is the largest National Park in Montenegro, declared as the National park in 1952, and since 1980 is on the UNESCO list of the world natural and cultural heritage.
Black Lake is only one of many lakes in this National park. The lake is well known as „mountain eyes of Montenegro“ This is the place for walking around the lake through nature and spent some time with yourself or with your dear friends and family. Walking trail is waiting for you.
On the way back, we will drive near Krupac Lake which is part of Niksic Municipality with one more photo stop near it, continuing our drive above Bay of Boka, returning you to the place we met.
On our way back we will make a few photo breaks.
As additional activity we suggest:
- Zip Line near Djurdevica Tara Bridge is for all lovers of adrenalin sports. This is the longest zip line in Europe located, across the Tara river canyon... The price for Zip Line is 20 Euros per person.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions